Pakistan, officially the Islamic Republic of Pakistan, is a country in South Asia. It is the world’s sixth-most populous country with a population of more than 199 million people. It is the 36th-largest country in the world in terms of area, covering 796095 sq km (307,374 sq mi.) Let’s explore more about this country with the following facts.
10 Interesting facts about Pakistan
1. Pakistan has the world’s largest ambulance network. Pakistan’s Edhi Foundation, which is also listed in the Guinness Book of World Records, operates the network.
2. The name Pakistan means ‘land of the pure’ in Persian and Urdu.
3. Just two people have won the Nobel Prize from Pakistan. They are: Malala Yousafzai for Peace in 2014 and Abdus Salam for Physics in 1979.
4. Karachi, the largest city of Pakistan, is its 10 financial hub as well as home to almost 13 million people. It also has a major seaport.
5. Sugarcane juice is the national drink of Pakistan. In Pakistan, it is also known as “roh.”
6. The internet is used by 21,063,037 people in Pakistan. It occupies position number 26 on the list of the top internet-using countries in the world. Nearly 11% of its population uses the Internet.
7. According to a survey, Pakistan has the world’s top national anthem tune.
8. Pakistanis are the fourth-most intelligent people in the world, according to poll results gathered from 125 countries by the Institute of European Business Administration.
9. The world’s seventh-largest collection of scientists and engineers is from Pakistan.
10. The world’s longest glacial system outside the polar regions – the Biafo Glacier – is in Pakistan.