• Bid Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To invite; to call in; to request to come.
- (n.) An offer of a price, especially at auctions; a statement of a sum which one will give for something to be received, or will take for something to be done or furnished; that which is offered.
- (v. t.) To proclaim; to declare publicly; to make known.
- (v. t.) To make a bid; to state what one will pay or take.
- () of Bid
- (v. t.) To pray.
- (v. t.) To order; to direct; to enjoin; to command.
- (v. t.) To offer in words; to declare, as a wish, a greeting, a threat, or defiance, etc.; as, to bid one welcome; to bid good morning, farewell, etc.
- () imp. & p. p. of Bid.
- () of Bid
- (v. t.) To make an offer of; to propose. Specifically : To offer to pay ( a certain price, as for a thing put up at auction), or to take (a certain price, as for work to be done under a contract).
• Bidale Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) An invitation of friends to drink ale at some poor mans house, and there to contribute in charity for his relief.
• Bidarka Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A portable boat made of skins stretched on a frame.