• Draughting Definition & Synonyms
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Draught
• Draught Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) The force drawn; a detachment; -- in this sense usually written draft.
- (n.) An allowance on weighable goods. [Eng.] See Draft, 4.
- (n.) That which draws
- (n.) The drawing of a bowstring.
- (a.) Drawn directly from the barrel, or other receptacle, in distinction from bottled; on draught; -- said of ale, cider, and the like.
- (n.) Act of drawing a net; a sweeping the water for fish.
- (n.) The depth of water necessary to float a ship, or the depth a ship sinks in water, especially when laden; as, a ship of twelve feet draught.
- (n.) The act of moving loads by drawing, as by beasts of burden, and the like.
- (a.) Used in making drawings; as, draught compasses.
- (n.) The act of drawing liquor into the mouth and throat; the act of drinking.
- (n.) The quantity drawn in at once in drinking; a potion or potation.
- (n.) An order for the payment of money; -- in this sense almost always written draft.
- (v. t.) To draw out; to call forth. See Draft.
- (n.) A sketch, outline, or representation, whether written, designed, or drawn; a delineation.
- (n.) A team of oxen or horses.
- (n.) The bevel given to the pattern for a casting, in order that it may be drawn from the sand without injury to the mold.
- (a.) Relating to, or characterized by, a draft, or current of air.
- (n.) That which is drawn
- (n.) A current of air moving through an inclosed place, as through a room or up a chimney.
- (n.) The act of selecting or detaching soldiers; a draft (see Draft, n., 2)
- (n.) A sudden attack or drawing upon an enemy.
- (n.) A sink or drain; a privy.
- (a.) Used for drawing vehicles, loads, etc.; as, a draught beast; draught hooks.
- (n.) Capacity of being drawn; force necessary to draw; traction.
- (n.) That which is taken by sweeping with a net.
- (n.) The act of drawing up, marking out, or delineating; representation.
- (v. t.) To draw in outline; to make a draught, sketch, or plan of, as in architectural and mechanical drawing.
- (n.) See Draft, n., 7.
- (n.) A move, as at chess or checkers.
- (v. t.) To diminish or exhaust by drawing.
- (n.) The act of drawing or pulling
- (n.) A mild vesicatory; a sinapism; as, to apply draughts to the feet.