• Hauled Definition & Synonyms
- (imp. & p. p.) of Haul
• Haul Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To pull apart, as oxen sometimes do when yoked.
- (v. i.) To change the direction of a ship by hauling the wind. See under Haul, v. t.
- (v. t.) To transport by drawing, as with horses or oxen; as, to haul logs to a sawmill.
- (n.) Transportation by hauling; the distance through which anything is hauled, as freight in a railroad car; as, a long haul or short haul.
- (n.) A pulling with force; a violent pull.
- (v. t.) To pull or draw with force; to drag.
- (n.) A single draught of a net; as, to catch a hundred fish at a haul.
- (n.) That which is caught, taken, or gained at once, as by hauling a net.
- (n.) A bundle of about four hundred threads, to be tarred.