The name of Masjid Al Aqsa does not need any introduction as it is among the important Islamic sites. Read the article to find the crucial information about its Mihrab and Mimbar.
In the year 1099, Crusaders captured Jerusalem and desecrated Masjid Al Aqsa. Later, pigs were also installed in the Mihrab and the church was established in place of it. In the year 1119, King Baldwin II, Jerusalem’s ruler of that time granted one wing to the Knights Templar order and then the building became their headquarters.
The original Masjid e Aqsa mimbar was made of more than 10,000 interlocking pieces of Cedar and other high-quality materials. The best part is that the Mother of Pearl and Ivory were fixed without a single nail or drop of glue. At that time, it was considered among the most beautiful Mimbars in the world.
When Jerusalem was reconquered, Masjid Al Aqsa was filled at its full capacity after the gap of 88 years. Muhyi ad-Din al-Qurashi, the Qadi of Jerusalem, placed the new Mimbar.